Our experienced team of cosmetic specialists provides a full range of Xeomin treatments to help you fight the signs of aging and achieve a fresh and youthful appearance.
I just had the best experience at HerSpace MedSpa. They are super professional friendly and make you feel so comfortable.Brianna Sibbio
At a glance
What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin® is one of the alternative injections to the well-known BOTOX® brand. As with BOTOX® or Dysport®, the active ingredient in Xeomin is Botulinum Toxin Type A, an FDA-approved neuromodulator.
Xeomin is a “naked” form of Botulinum Toxin and contains no protein additives like Botox. The purified structure of Xeomin helps prevent antibody resistance.
What Does Xeomin Treat?
Xeomin treatment addresses moderate to severe wrinkles and frown lines, for example the glabellar lines between the eyebrows. Xeomin can also treat long-lasting (chronic) drooling (sialorrhea) in adults and children ages 2 to 17.
How Does Xeomin Work?
Xeomin works similarly to Botox in that it blocks the signals from the nerves to the muscles, causing the muscles to relax and wrinkles to smooth out. Some patients report that the effects of Xeomin kick in faster than that of Botox.
Using a double-filtered formula, Xeomin removes unnecessary proteins and leaves behind the ones that provide smoother frown lines. Its proprietary XTRACT Technology™ process relaxes the pull of muscles used for facial expression causing visible wrinkles to smooth out.
Xeomin treatment is not permanent, the results lasting approximately 3-6 months. Many patients choose to repeat treatments to maintain results over the long term.
Am I A Good Candidate For Xeomin?
Xeomin treatment is suitable for anyone with moderate to severe wrinkles and frown lines looking to smooth them out and restore their youthful appearance.
We do not, however, recommend Xeomin for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a neurological disease.
Reach out to our friendly team today to discuss your needs and learn more about our range of Xeomin treatments.
Alternatives To Xeomin
Pre And Post-Care
- Avoid herbal supplements such as ginkgo, green tea, and anti-inflammatory medication for two weeks before and following your Xeomin treatment to limit bruising.
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products the three days before treatment. Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the treatment area.
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve 7 days before treatment to prevent bruising.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after the treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- It’s important to remain upright for the first 4-6 hours following Xeomin injections and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections to work the Xeomin into the muscle – i.e., smile, squint, etc.
- After Xeomin treatment, do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, or straining for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, excessively touch, or manipulate the site of your Xeomin injections for 4-6 hours post-injection.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated after your treatment to reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Xeomin injections.
How long does Xeomin last?
The results from Xeomin injections typically last between 3-6 months. Treatments may be repeated anywhere between 2-6 months following each session.
How long does the Xeomin cosmetic treatment take?
Xeomin treatment takes only a few minutes and does not usually require an anesthetic.
When will I see the results?
The results from Xeomin injections are usually visible within 3-4 days, though sometimes it takes longer for targeted muscles to relax completely and reduce the appearance of frown lines and forehead wrinkles. Complete results will be apparent within 14 days. Maintenance is required to maintain these results.
Are the injections painful?
Xeomin injections are almost painless and may feel similar to a tiny pinch on your skin, though most patients don’t feel anything.
What if I don’t like the results?
The results from Xeomin are not permanent, and you should allow time for the effects to wear off.
Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
You may experience side effects following Xeomin injections, including allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, dizziness, or feeling faint. Xeomin may cause headache, loss of strength or general muscle weakness, blurred vision, or drooping eyelids within hours to weeks of treatment.
You can find us at the following address:
200 White Road
Little Silver, New Jersey 07739
Get in Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.