Our experienced team of cosmetic specialists provides a full range of Xeomin® treatments to help you fight the signs of aging and achieve a fresh and youthful appearance.
At a glance
What Is Xeomin®?
Xeomin® is one of the alternative injections to the well-known BOTOX® brand. As with BOTOX® or Dysport®, the active ingredient in Xeomin is Botulinum Toxin Type A.
Xeomin® is a prescription medication used to prevent muscle fibers from contracting, temporarily reducing the lines between your eyebrows, known as frown lines.
What Does Xeomin® Treat?
Xeomin® treatment addresses moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). Xeomin® can also treat long-lasting (chronic) drooling (sialorrhea) in adults and children ages 2 to 17.
How Does Xeomin® Work?
Using a double-filtered formula, Xeomin® removes unnecessary proteins and leaves behind the ones that provide smoother frown lines. Its proprietary XTRACT Technology™ process relaxes the pull of muscles used for facial expression causing visible wrinkles to smooth out.
Xeomin® treatment is not permanent, the results lasting approximately 3-6 months. Many patients choose to repeat treatments to maintain results over the long term.
Am I A Good Candidate For Xeomin®?
Xeomin® treatment is suitable for anyone with moderate to severe glabellar lines looking to smooth them out and restore their youthful appearance.
We do not, however, recommend Xeomin® for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a neurological disease.
Reach out to our friendly team today to discuss your needs and learn more about our range of Xeomin® treatments.
Alternatives To Xeomin®
Pre And Post-Care
- Avoid herbal supplements such as ginkgo, green tea, and anti-inflammatory medication for two weeks before and following your Xeomin® treatment to limit bruising.
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products the three days before treatment. Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the treatment area.
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve 7 days before treatment to prevent bruising.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after the treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- It’s important to remain upright for the first 4-6 hours following Xeomin® injections and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections to work the Xeomin® into the muscle – i.e., smile, squint, etc.
- After Xeomin® treatment, do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, or straining for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, excessively touch, or manipulate the site of your Xeomin® injections for 4-6 hours post-injection.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated after your treatment to reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Xeomin® injections.
- How long does Xeomin® last?
The results from Xeomin® injections typically last between 3-6 months. Treatments may be repeated anywhere between 2-6 months following each session.
- How long does the Xeomin® cosmetic treatment take?
Xeomin® treatment takes only a few minutes and does not usually require an anesthetic.
- When will I see the results?
The results from Xeomin® injections are usually visible within 3-4 days, though sometimes it takes longer for targeted muscles to relax completely and reduce the appearance of frown lines and forehead wrinkles.
- Are the injections painful?
Xeomin® injections are almost painless and may feel similar to a tiny pinch on your skin, though most patients don’t feel anything.
- What if I don’t like the results?
The results from Xeomin® are not permanent, and you should allow time for the effects to wear off.
- Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
You may experience side effects following Xeomin® injections, including allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, dizziness, or feeling faint. Xeomin® may cause headache, loss of strength or general muscle weakness, blurred vision, or drooping eyelids within hours to weeks of treatment.
I just had the best experience at herspace medspa. They are super professional friendly and make you feel so comfortable.Brianna Sibbio
We provide a full range of cosmetic skin treatments, including Xeomin, from our New Jersey clinic:
200 White Rd STE 111
New Jersey 07739
Get in Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.