Botox is a popular treatment, though it takes the expertise of an experienced cosmetic professional to achieve the best results. Our team at HerSpace MedSpa has helped hundreds of patients to treat wrinkles and achieve a more youthful look.
I had an amazing first experience getting Botox at HerSpace. The decor is so chic and the place is spotlessly clean. Everyone was so friendly and Jessica did an amazing job.Shannon Whalen
At a glance
What Is Botox?
Botulinum toxin injections – commonly known by the leading brand name ‘Botox’ – are a popular cosmetic treatment that helps patients reduce the appearance of wrinkles, usually on their face or neck.
What Does Botox Treat?
Botox treatment addresses issues with facial wrinkles, crow’s feet, frown lines, and other visible creases in your skin. Botox can also treat other conditions like excessive sweating, blepharospasm, and cervical dystonia.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox injections stop specific chemical signals from your nerves that cause underlying facial muscles to contract. We use Botox injections to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles, particularly around the patient’s forehead and eyes.
Remember that Botox treatment is not permanent, and results tend to last approximately 3-4 months. Many patients choose to repeat Botox treatment to maintain results over the long term.
Am I A Good Candidate For Botox?
Unlike other cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery procedures, Botox treatment is suitable for anyone who has wrinkles, frown lines, or facial creases they would like to improve.
However, we do not recommend Botox for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or those with an existing neurological disease.
Get in touch with our friendly team today to discuss your needs and learn more about our range of Botox treatments.
Alternatives To Botox
Other than ‘Botox’ there are several other common brands that manufacture botulinum toxin treatments, including:
Pre And Post-Care
- Avoid herbal supplements such as ginkgo, green tea, and anti-inflammatory medication for two weeks before and following your Botox treatment to limit bruising.
- Bruising in the area of injection is usual and often expected after Botox injections, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to two weeks. Using/taking Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It’s important to remain upright for the first 5-6 hours following Botox injections and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections to work the Botox into the muscle – i.e., smile, squint, etc.
- After Botox treatment, do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, or straining for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate the site of your Botox injections for 4-6 hours post-injection.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Botox injections.
- How long does Botox last?
The results from Botox injections typically last between 3-4 months. Treatments may be repeated anywhere between 2-6 months following each session.
- How long does the Botox cosmetic treatment take?
Botox treatment takes only a few minutes and does not usually require an anesthetic.
- When will I see the results?
The results from Botox injections are usually apparent within 2-3 days, though sometimes it takes longer for targeted muscles to relax completely and reduce the appearance of frown lines and forehead wrinkles.
- Are the injections painful?
Botox injections are almost painless and may feel similar to a tiny pinch on your skin, though most patients don’t feel anything.
- What if I don’t like the results?
The results from Botox are not permanent, but you will need to let time run its course for the effects to wear off.
- Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
You may experience minor side effects following Botox injections, such as bruising, swelling, and redness around the treated area. You may also find your facial muscles feel slightly tight following treatment, but this is usually avoidable when using an experienced practitioner.
We provide a full range of cosmetic skin treatments, including Botox, from our med spa:
200 White Rd STE 111
New Jersey 07739
Get in Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.