Our team of expert clinicians is highly experienced in providing Dysport treatments. Find out more below!
Love HerSpace! Everyone there always makes me feel so comfortable. The team is knowledgeable, the space is clean, and the services are great.Megan Haussmann
At a glance
What Is Dysport?
Dysport is one of the main alternative injections to the well-known ‘Botox’ brand and has gained huge popularity in Europe over the past decade. Just as with Botox, the active ingredient in Dysport is Botulinum Toxin Type A.
Like Botox, Dysport treatment is a non-invasive procedure; however, it is typically used in cases with moderate-to-severe frown lines and wrinkles. We can help you weigh up your options and decide on the best treatment for you during a free consultation.
What Is Dysport Used For?
Dysport is used for a range of different cosmetic purposes and is considered to be one of the best, non-invasive treatments for facial wrinkles, frown lines, forehead lines, glabellar lines (lines between the eyebrows), and crow’s feet.
Dysport injections have a slightly different formulation compared with Botox and may be administered at a slightly deeper level, which allows for a wider surface area to be covered by each injection. This can be beneficial when working with specific areas of the patient’s face.
How Does It Work?
Dysport works by relaxing facial muscles and limiting muscle contractions in specific areas to limit the deepening and visible signs of wrinkles and lines on the patient’s face.
The results from Dysport injections can be seen relatively quickly and will typically last anywhere between 3-4 months following treatment. Many patients choose to arrange repeat sessions to maintain their fantastic results.
Am I A Good Candidate?
Dysport injections can be used to treat frown lines and wrinkles for almost anybody, though we generally recommend the treatment to patients that have not responded well to other skin care techniques.
We do not recommend the Dysport treatment if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have particular skin allergies.
Pre and Post-Care
- Avoid herbal supplements such as ginkgo, green tea, and anti-inflammatory medication for 2 weeks before and following your Dysport treatment to limit bruising.
- Bruising in the area of injection is normal and often expected after Dysport injections, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to 2 weeks. Using or taking Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It’s important to remain upright for the first 5-6 hours following Dysport injections and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections to work the formulation into the muscle – i.e., smile, squint, etc.
- After Dysport treatment, do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise, or straining for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate the site of your injections for 4-6 hours post-injection.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following injections.
- How long does Dysport last?
Dysport generally lasts anywhere between 3-4 months.
- How long does the treatment take?
The treatment itself is fairly quick and can be carried out in 20-30 mins. Many of our patients choose to come in on their lunch break!
- When will I see the results?
The results from Dysport injections are usually apparent within 2-3 days, though it can take up to a week to see the full effect.
- How does it differ from Botox? Which is better for me?
Although the treatments are similar and both address wrinkles, there are particular use cases for both Dysport and Botox. Contact us for a free consultation and we can help you decide on the optimal treatment plan.
- Are the injections painful?
Dysport injections are virtually painless and may feel similar to a small pinch on your skin, though most patients don’t feel anything when being treated.
- Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
You may experience minor side effects following Dysport injections, such as bruising, swelling, and redness around the treated area. You may also find your facial muscles feel slightly tight following treatment, but this is usually avoidable when using an experienced practitioner.
You can find us at the following address:
200 White Road
Little Silver, New Jersey 07739
Get In Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.