Give your skin a lift
Soft threads are a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that aims to lift and reposition sagging skin on various parts of the face such as the midface, lips, neck, and jawline.
At a glance
How do soft threads work?
During the procedure, dissolvable thread-like sutures are inserted beneath the skin, which stimulate the production of natural collagen and lift the tissue.
The treatment typically takes around 30 minutes to complete, and the results are a lifted, natural, and refined appearance. By restoring the triangle of the face, soft threads offer a rejuvenated look without the need for surgery or downtime.
Soft threads are a safe and widely used treatment around the world. Most patients require about three sessions, spaced one month apart, to achieve their desired results. Although minimal bruising and swelling may occur, patients can resume normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Pre and post care
- Avoid all types of alcohol and smoking for at least seven days.
- Stop taking Naproxen, Ibuprofen, and aspirin-based products to prevent unwanted side effects.
- Avoid high-intensity exercises, saunas, or steam rooms.
- Apply ice to the treated area for one to two minutes, at least five times while awake, if experiencing slight bruising or swelling during the first-week post-treatment.
- Refrain from facial actions for at least a day and get plenty of rest for 24-hours.
- Take painkillers as required after the procedure, preferably after a meal to prevent nausea.
- Avoid using makeup for 24 hours or more.
- Slight discomfort in the first two days post-treatment is normal and will gradually subside.
- Refrain from pulling at the facial skin and do not massage, scrub or exfoliate the skin for at least one week.
- Do not receive any dental treatment for at least two weeks after the procedure.
What is the difference between soft threads and other thread lift procedures?
Soft threads are made of a dissolvable material that stimulates the production of collagen and naturally lifts the skin. Other thread lift procedures may use non-dissolvable materials, which can lead to long-term complications.
How long do the results last?
The results of soft threads can last up to 18 months, depending on the patient’s age, skin condition, and lifestyle.
Is the procedure painful?
Patients may experience slight discomfort during the procedure, but a local anesthetic is typically used to minimize any pain.
Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are potential risks and side effects. The most common side effects of soft threads are minor bruising and swelling, but these typically subside within a few days. In rare cases, patients may experience infection, thread migration, or visible dimpling.
Am I a good candidate for soft threads?
Patients with mild to moderate skin laxity and who are looking for a non-surgical option for skin tightening and lifting are good candidates for soft threads. It is important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional to determine if this procedure is right for you.
I have had an amazing experience every time I go to HerSpace MedSpa! Everyone there is so nice and makes you feel comfortable the second you walk in the door.Kristine Rappa
200 White Rd STE 111
New Jersey 07739
Get in Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts about soft threads and arrange a free consultation.