Microneedling in NJ
Looking to restore your skin to its former glory?
A microneedling treatment at HerSpace MedSpa could be the perfect option for you.
We serve customers across Monmouth County, NJ, including Little Silver, Red Bank, Middletown, Oceanport, Rumson, Fair Haven, Shrewsbury, and many other surrounding areas.
I have had an amazing experience every time I go to HerSpace MedSpa! Everyone there is so nice and makes you feel comfortable the second you walk in the door. I had 3 sessions of microneedling with PRP with Jessica and couldn’t be happier with my results!Kristine Rappa
At a glance
What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of collagen induction therapy that creates finer and tighter skin. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scar tissue such as acne scars or surgical scars, stretch marks, uneven skin pigmentation, skin texture and large pores.
Microneedling is suitable for most skin types, which is not necessarily true with laser treatments such as CO2 lasers.
How Does Microneedling Work?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that uses very fine needles to prick the skin, creating small wounds to stimulate new collagen and elastin production. As the treated skin heals, the fresh collagen will help to improve the appearance and match the area with the surrounding skin. It’s a common treatment for the face, though it can also be implemented almost anywhere on the body.
The results from microneedling are often permanent; however, it may require a short course of multiple treatments to achieve the outcome you have in mind. In most cases, three to four sessions spaced approximately one month apart are enough to achieve the desired results.
We will be able to advise on how many treatments you are likely to need as part of your free consultation.
Treatment Options & Cost
Microneedling procedures at HerSpace start from $350. We offer a range of options, including combination treatments with hyaluronic acid, PRP, PRF and PEP factor or injections. We will be able to advise on the best course of treatment for you as part of your consultation.
We offer package deals where you can save money by booking several treatments at once. This is a great option for clients that expect to need follow-up procedures to achieve their desired results.
We also offer a different type of microneedling, known as RF (Radiofrequency) Microneedling, using the industry-leading Lutronic Genius device. You can find more information about RF Microneedling here.
|Microneedling with Hyaluronic Acid|
|Microneedling with PRP, PRF, or PEP Factor|
|Microneedling with PRP/ PRF Injections|
|Add 10 Units of Botox||+$120|
|Hair Restoration with Injections|
Preparation For Microneedling
Microneedling treatments generally last between 30 to 45 minutes, though this will depend on the area being treated.
You may experience some mild swelling, redness, and peeling of the skin following the procedure. Healing from microneedling takes about 2 to 7 days, with the most dramatic results appearing four to six weeks after treatment. You are free to return to your normal activities immediately after treatment. Wearing makeup 2 to 3 days after your microneedling treatment is possible.
Remember to follow these pre-care instructions:
- Before treatment, you need to stay away from Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, and fish oils for seven days before your treatment. Avoid ASA (Aspirin) 2 weeks before treatment (talk with your doctor if you are undergoing ASA Therapy.)
- Discontinue inflammatory drugs or antihistamines seven days before treatment. These nullify the treatment results, and your body’s inflammatory and histamine reactions are required post-procedure.
- Do not undergo electrolysis, laser hair removal, depilatory creams, and waxing seven days before your treatment.
- Avoid topical retinoids like tretinoin and retinoic acid (Retin-A, Refissa, or Renova) seven days before your procedure. A 3-month waiting time is requested after you stop using Accutane.
- Notify the office if Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) has even been found in your body. You may require prophylactic therapy.
Post-Care & Recovery
The first 72 hours after the treatment are the most crucial. You may experience some swelling, redness, and peeling of the skin following the treatment.
You will also need to avoid heat and direct sunlight for the first couple of days. That means avoiding simple day-to-day tasks such as gardening, sitting beside a fireplace or bonfire, and cooking over a hot stove for long periods.
Make sure to follow these post-care instructions:
- Some flakiness and minor peeling will take place after a few days. Don’t scratch or pick at the loose skin. Inform our office if you experience extreme pain, redness, swelling, or drainage, as these side effects might signal an infection.
- Use physical sunscreen. Apply sun protection products every 30-90 minutes. Avoid going outside without sun protection.
- Discontinue the use of any Alpha Hydroxy products. You may return to your home care regimen when the skin stops flaking and peeling. Use hydrating and reparative products. Products abundant in healing plus soothing components encourage healthy and new cell growth. Products with peptides, stem cells, antioxidants, or Vitamins A, C, and E are generally good to use.
- Limit exercise in the first week and drink plenty of water.
- Wearing makeup 2 to 3 days after your microneedling treatment is possible.
What can microneedling treat?
Microneedling can be used to treat a wide range of skin issues, such as facial wrinkles, stretch marks, acne scarring, surgical scarring, uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation.
How many microneedling sessions do I require?
Microneedling can produce permanent results. But a short course of multiple treatments is usually required. In most cases, the average patient will need 3-4 treatments, each spaced a month apart, to achieve their desired results; however, this may be more or less depending on their issue and how well their body reacts to the treatment.
When will I see the results from microneedling?
Healing from microneedling takes about two to seven days, with the most dramatic results appearing four to six weeks after treatment. However, everyone is different, and your body can continue to produce new collagen beyond this.
We recommend leaving at least 4-6 weeks between procedures to give your body enough chance to heal and generate new skin cells before repeating the treatment.
Is microneedling safe?
Yes, microneedling is a safe treatment that has been carried out on thousands of patients worldwide. However, it’s crucial that you find an experienced practitioner to perform the procedure if you wish to achieve the best results and remove any risks of issues.
We provide a full range of cosmetic skin treatments, including microneedling, from our New Jersey clinic:
200 White Rd STE 111
New Jersey 07739
Get In Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.