Here at HerSpace MedSpa, we provide a full range of dermal filler treatments designed to make your skin more voluminous, reduce wrinkles and give you a fuller, more youthful appearance.
What an amazing office with top notch patient care. I was treated so well by the staff. I will definitely be returning.Patricia O
At a glance
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are made from a soft gel formulated with hyaluronic acid to simulate the existing hyaluronic acid that naturally occurs in the body.
Hyaluronic acid is a smooth substance found in the skin, connective tissues, and eyes. The main function of hyaluronic acid is to retain water and keep tissues lubricated and moist, which is why it is the optimal choice for anti-aging treatments. As the body ages, it loses hyaluronic acid and essential collagen, causing your skin to dry out and lose facial volume. This dehydration also allows severe facial wrinkles and marionette lines to form.
Dermal fillers are a counteractive treatment to help resolve these unwanted facial wrinkles and smile lines while enhancing a particular area’s volume.
What Are Dermal Fillers Used For?
Dermal fillers are a non-surgical way to give your face more structure, volume, and a refreshed appearance. They can be used for a wide range of cosmetic treatments, though most commonly to restore volume and skin quality around the lips, cheeks, and other parts of the face that have lost volume.
Patients often request dermal fillers to improve facial contours, nose-to-mouth lines (otherwise known as nasolabial folds), and glabella lines between their eyebrows.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers work by boosting the skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid. Dermal fillers revitalize and add volume to the skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles and giving a natural, softer look.
Dermal fillers are soft injectable gels consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body. It is long-lasting but not permanent.
With lip injections, one of the main concepts clients overlook is that the look you want won’t necessarily be achieved overnight. Lip size plays a big role. If your lips are very thin and you desire a full but natural look, you should expect a few treatments to increase the size and maintain the previously performed treatments.
Working with our experienced specialists at HerSpace MedSpa, you get the opportunity to receive the best, strategized dermal filler treatment possible. We know the key to successful lip injections and build a course of treatments in carefully planned stages.
Types Of Dermal Fillers
We use dermal fillers from:
- Allergan®: Juvederm® Voluma XC, Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm® Ultra XC, Juvederm® Volbella, Juvederm® Vollure
- Galderma®: Restlane® Lyft, Restlane® Kysse, Restlane® Defyne, Restlane® Refyne
- Merz®: Belotero®
- Revanesse®: Versa®
Pre And Post-Care
- Allergy to lidocaine is a problem if you want dermal fillers in New Jersey. Those with lidocaine allergies are not cleared for hyaluronic acid-based fillers.
- For optimal results and to decrease the chance of bruising at the injection site, please avoid all blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements for one week before your dermal filler appointment.
- Do not use NSAIDs or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Advil, Mortin, Ibuprofen, or Aleve. High doses of vitamins and supplements can also thin your blood and increase the risk of bruising.
- Notify your provider if you are taking a blood thinner like Plavix, Coumadin, or additional medically prescribed blood thinners.
- There is a risk that dermal filler injections near or into the lips can stimulate a recurrence of cold sores and fever blisters. We may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex® or Acyclovir. Always pay attention to the directions for your medication.
- Dermal fillers may not be suitable if you are pregnant or nursing.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Dermal fillers can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months when properly maintained, following the guidance of our expert providers. Further treatments are required to prolong the results.
How long does the treatment take?
When working with our experts, dermal fillers typically take about 30 to 60 minutes per area of treatment.
When will I see the results from the dermal fillers?
Results are noticeable almost immediately; you can expect full results in about two weeks.
Are the injections painful?
No, dermal fillers are relatively painless when carried out by an experienced professional.
At HerSpace MedSpa, we provide a full range of cosmetic skin treatments, including dermal fillers. You can find us at the following address:
200 White Road
Little Silver, New Jersey 07739
Get in Touch
Call now: +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts about dermal fillers and arrange a free consultation.