Our experienced team of cosmetic specialists provides a full range of Sculptra® treatments to help you restore facial volume and achieve a fresh and youthful appearance.
At a glance
What is Sculptra®?
Sculptra® is an injectable treatment that restores lost volume, lifts, contours and improves skin laxity, texture, and tone.
What does Sculptra® treat?
Here at HerSpace MedSpa, we’re typically using Sculptra® to:
- Restore volume to sunken cheeks
- Renew youthful contour
- Add volume to hollow temples
- Smooth out wrinkles on the face and parts of the body
- Reduce the appearance of lines on the neck
How does Sculptra® work?
Though it’s often grouped with typical dermal fillers, Sculptra® is different from hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. It is a bio-stimulator, prompting the body to produce new collagen and fight an aging appearance. Unlike fillers, Sculptra® is a natural material that creates youthful, healthy, volumized skin while dissolving in your body over time.
When will I see my Sculptra® results?
While you’ll notice added volume immediately after your Sculptra® injection, this is not the extent of your final result. You should start to see more improvements in volume, tone, and texture of the injected areas at about 4-6 weeks after your injection. Since we’re stimulating collagen to naturally add volume with Sculptra® rather than just injecting material to boost volume like dermal fillers, the final result of Sculptra® injections is not immediately noticeable.
We recommend a few sessions of Sculptra® for more visible results. When you visit HerSpace to discuss the injections, we’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan just for you. Four to six weeks after your final injection session, you should see a notable improvement in your volume and overall skin texture.
How long does Sculptra® last?
You’ll be able to enjoy your completely natural results from Sculptra® for two years or more. While it takes time to stimulate collagen, the results last longer than traditional filler.
Am I a good candidate for Sculptra®?
Anyone wanting to improve signs of aging like fine lines and volume loss can be a great candidate for Sculptra®. Most patients are in their late 20s to late 30s. We can customize your treatment plan based on where you are in the aging process.
Good candidates for Sculptra®:
- Want to improve facial contour
- Require longer-lasting results than traditional fillers can produce
- Hope to restore facial volume after losing it from aging or weight loss
- Have realistic expectations of the results
We do not recommend having Sculptra® treatments if you have underlying medical conditions like allergies. During your consultation at HerSpace, we’ll ask for your complete medical background to ensure you won’t have any reactions to the components.
Alternatives to Sculptra®
Sculptra® stands out among its competitors because while dermal fillers temporarily fill in lost volume and dissolve over time, Sculptra® naturally restores aging signs by stimulating your natural collagen, and results will continue to improve with time. If you are interested in a more temporary fix to volume and contour, you may be happy with your results from the dermal fillers we offer, including:
Pre and Post-Care
- Avoid fish oil and vitamin E in the week leading up to your Sculptra® injections
- Avoid blood-thinning medications like aspirin or ibuprofen in the week leading up to your injections
- Avoid herbal supplements during the week leading up to your injections
- Avoid getting a tattoo or permanent makeup for 4 weeks before and after your injections
- Avoid having your Sculptra® injections less than 4 weeks before or after dental work
- Avoid having your Sculptra® injections less than 4 weeks before or after surgery of any kind
- Avoid having your Sculptra® injections less than 4 weeks before or after getting a vaccination
- How long does a Sculptra® treatment take?
Sculptra® treatment takes less than an hour. We may use a topical anesthetic to minimize discomfort.
- Are the injections painful?
Sculptra® injections are a quick and practically painless process. Lidocaine is part of the treatment for added comfort.
- Are there any side effects or risks to consider?
You may experience minor side effects following Sculptra® injections, such as itchiness, swelling, and discomfort around the treated area. Some other less common side effects include skin discoloration, infection, and bumps.
- What is Sculptra® made of?
Sculptra® consists of a material used in dissolvable sutures called poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA)
- What areas can’t Sculpta treat?
Though it’s safe to use in most areas of the face and body, we do not recommend use in softer tissue areas like the tear troughs and lips
Sculptra® is a popular treatment, though it takes the expertise of an experienced cosmetic professional to achieve the best results. Our team at HerSpace MedSpa has helped hundreds of patients treat wrinkles and achieve a more youthful look.
As you don’t need to be a board-certified plastic surgeon or medical doctor to perform Sculptra® treatment, we recommend thorough research to find a provider with an excellent reputation, relevant qualifications, and glowing reviews. You can read some of ours below!
Location (address, contact details, hours)
We provide a full range of cosmetic skin treatments, including Sculptra®, from our New Jersey clinic:
200 White Rd STE 111
Get in Touch
Feel free to call our New Jersey clinic at +1 732-747-7935 to speak to one of our friendly experts and arrange a free consultation.